Ham Meat Balls
These little treats are a nice blend of sweet and sour and a great use for leftover ham bits!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅔ cup bread crumbs
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon ground mustard
- In a bowl, combine the pork, ham, eggs, milk and bread crumbs; mix well.
- Shape into 1½ to 2 inch balls.
- Place in a greased 13 x 9 inche baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes.
- Pour over the ham balls.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 45 minutes or until browned.