This is a very simple and quick recipe. Try it with pork sausage or seasonal asparagus. Feta cheese is also a lovely addition.
- 4 oz. grated cheese of your choice
- 6 -7 slices crisp crumbled bacon
- A few sautéed mushrooms
- ½ c. chopped, sautéed onion
- 4 eggs
- ½ c. flour (we use whole wheat flour)
- 2 Tbls. butter
- 1 ½ c. milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- dash of pepper
- Butter or spray a 10” pie plate.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on the bottom of the pan followed by the crumbled bacon, onions and the mushrooms. Blend the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour over contents in pie plate and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.